Friday, February 27, 2015

NEW PATTERN RELEASE: Nebula Scarf

Simple pattern to showcase the beautiful colors in an amazing yarn!

I have forever loved watching the stars, Amazing Adam and I spent our first weekend together doing just that after the kids were asleep.

Nebulae are amazing cloud-like formations in the heavens, exhibiting all kinds of beautiful colors and shapes. There is the Crab Nebula, Cat's Eye Nebula, Butterfly Nebula, Horse Head Nebula, Pillars of Creation Nebula and I believe there is even a Unicorn Nebula!

The colors of this yarn from Groovy Hues Fibers really inspired this pattern, I really wanted something simple and understated to not detract from the amazing color changes in this yarn. In all honesty, I have NEVER worked with sock yarn before! I was a bit intimidated in the beginning and afraid that all my frogging would render a chunk of the yarn "over worked." I was incredibly pleased when everything ended up amazing in the end. It is exactly what I was hoping for!

I've also fallen in love with nebula jewelry! I was lucky enough to purchase this necklace from Nerdy Little Secrets this last week. I simply cannot wait to wear it with this scarf!

love, Love, LOVE!

Knowing how much I like putting patterns out there, I encourage you to put your own spin on this one. the Star-Heart is completely removable! Instead of being stitched to the scarf, I stitched on a button instead, small enough to slip between the clusters and large enough to not fall out every time I move.

Please head on over to Ravelry to purchase, add to your queue, please remember to add to your favorites! It is also available at Craftsy.

As always, please let me know what you think & don't hesitate to contact me with any questions!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment