Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Contest for a New Pattern!

Some time within the last year or so, the hippies and granola-eating tree-huggers all got together and voted that we should ban all plastic shopping/grocery bags from retailers. This sucks in my opinion because, now we'll have to purchase plastic bags for our garbage bins instead of reusing the ones from our groceries. Not to mention, how am I supposed to make plarn now?!?

Anyway, I have been trying to make or buy reusable shopping bags. Here is the first attempt. The bottom sucks, but I LOVE the rest of this bag.

No Name Beach Bag & Mini Bag
If you visit my Facebook page, I'm having a contest as to what to name this bag set. Comment on the post I have pinned to the top of my page and if your name is selected, you will receive a free copy of the pattern BEFORE it is released (but as soon as I have it done & tested)!

The rainbow pattern in the main bag consists of 10 different colors, I still need to play more with color schemes, but this one isn't so bad.

The sun is the cover over a smaller cell phone sized clutch. The handle on it has a bobble stitch at the end which makes it wonderfully secure, but also quickly removable. I free handed the sun and cloud. So at this point there is a lot of back tracking, modifying and pattern writting to get to!

I'd love to hear what you think about this set! Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment