Monday, December 10, 2012

Hooray, Productivity!

With the craft fair behind me, I've been selling off my remaining stock with 50% of the proceeds sold on this last Friday to benefit our office's Christmas Family. It was our best bake sale event for the year. Even my crafty cohorts of the jewelry persuasion did the same donation. 

There has been a lot of yarn flying around our department too, causing me to go through withdrawals. I picked up a hook at work for about 15 minutes last week and almost immediately found a calming force coming over me. It has become like a drug! Therefore, I entered into this weekend with a vicious craving to crochet. 

I started working on some hats. One I started earlier this last weekend and finished quite early Saturday – before 6:30am I do believe. I decided to give it to Aurora, as I have hopes to update her unicorn hat and I had to find a way to get her out of it!

 

Then I used a pattern I had on hand (originally for snowman hats) for baby hats with ear flaps, being that babies are wobbly & squirmy, I didn't really want to add strings or braids so I made corkscrew curls at the ends of the ear flaps. I was able to get 3 sizes done on Saturday as well! 
 
 
One weekend after Halloween Jacob came home wearing a red and white striped shirt – basically the perfect Waldo shirt. This gave me inspiration for a Waldo hat pattern I found; however with it being so close to Christmas I decided to invert the colors and make it a holiday hat. It is also quite cute, but a bit too tight for my kids to wear, although I was able to convince Aurora to model it for my blog.


The sixth and final hat made on Saturday was a variation of Aurora's pink hat, this time in blue with stripes and a pom-pom on top. For some reason Jacob doesn't always want to wear his Viking hat, so I thought this blue one would be great for him. He loves it and I was lucky enough to get him to almost be still enough for one picture.

 
The pattern I found that inspired the pink baby hats and the Waldo hat were found were on one of my new favorite blogs: Repeat Crafter Me. She has the most adorable patterns! There are a few more that I'm itching to try.

Last night we attended a family Christmas gathering in Seattle, although I brought my yarn with me I spent the time relaxing with family members that we see all too rarely. It was a year ago that I received my Yarn Drum from Amazing Adam's mom, it has literally gone EVERYWHERE with me since that day. I absolutely love that bag, and couldn't be more thankful for such a thoughtful present from her. 

In the meantime, my business cards are going out, items are being made, orders are still being taken; I mentioned it previously, but if someone needs something for Christmas delivery, this is the last week I'll take them - with fee for a rush job. Feel free to contact me to discuss the options. 

Next project to start immediately: a commissioned Cuddly Cthulhu and I need to find inspiration for baby boy items. I'll be the first one to admit that I've been working with too much pink lately; problem is that I want to get rid of some of the yarns I have in pink! There's soo much of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment