Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

So... the world DIDN'T end. The Doctor saved us!!!


Ah, I love this time of year; I'm such a dragon though - every year I want to sit and be bestowed with all my presents, mounds and mounds of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not greedy, I just love my treasures!

This year is going to be quiet today and tomorrow, all of our kids are with their other parents; so we're postponing our Christmas & Birthday festivities until Friday & Saturday. Fortunately enough, this will give me the extra time needed to finish up some hurried crochet projects for the kids.

I do plan on posting pictures of these gifts later next week, but not just yet as I don't want the receivers to know what they're getting!

Tomorrow is my 35th birthday (again...) and not only do I have to wait until Saturday (usually waiting until after supper kills me!) but I have gleaned enough information (thank you, Riley) to believe Amazing Adam and I will venture forth to see the new Hobbit movie! YAY! Gettin' our geek on!

Then I received enough phone calls from Michael's the other day when Amazing Adam took the kids shopping to believe that I may receive some crochet tools for Christmas. Very sweet, can't wait to see what they came up with!

On Friday, Amazing Adam and Riley decorated the whole living room by themselves, I sequestered myself in the bedroom crocheting. They did a great job. I'll take/post pictures with a Christmas in Review post next week.

Amazing Adam and I essentially started and finished all our other shopping last week, mostly on Saturday; but my goodness are kids expensive! Because we did most of our shopping together he knows everything that he's getting from me, which is alright - at least this way he was able to get the right size and really decide if he liked it or not.

Every year I always wish it could be more and every year I realize it was just the right amount. Just enough to make everyone happy and to  remember that it's not all of the presents that make it wonderful, it truly is the time spent with the ones you love.

Happy Christmas and Merry Birthday to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment